Be a part of the next generation of blockchain by building dapps using the Sway smart contract language on Fuel, the Fastest Modular Execution Layer, for a chance to win up to $100,000 in prizes!
Complete the following form to register:
Registrations are open until May 26th at 8 pm CET.
Discover Fuel: a Powerful, Sleek, and Thoughtful Network
Join the Fuel community in our first ever Sway dapp hackathon. Use the FuelVM-optimized Sway Language to build Decentralized Apps. This is your chance to create the next game-changing application on Fuel with up to $100,000 in prizes. The online hackathon will be weekend-long and will take place from May 27 until May 30, 2022.
What is Sway?
Sway is a refined and expressive domain-specific language (DSL) targeting the Fuel Virtual Machine (FuelVM), a blockchain-optimized VM designed for the Fuel blockchain. It is heavily inspired by Rust and aims to bring modern language development and performance to the blockchain ecosystem.
Technical questions can be asked in our
#💻︱dev-chatchannel on Discord.
May 27th from 8 am CET - May 30th, 2022 at 8 pm CET
The Beyond Monolithic Hackathon will take place online.
Up to $100,000 in prizes, paid in stablecoins.
Who can participate?
- Teams can be composed of 1 to 5 people.
- Entrants must have submitted a valid entry registration form for the hackathon.
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be above the legal age of majority in their country of residence at the time of entry.
- Entrants who are prize winners must satisfy our relevant KYC and AML requirements.
- Entrants must not be a person residing in any country or territory designated by the United States Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctioned countries including but not limited to the following countries: Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Quebec, Russia, Syria, Sudan.
- Entrants awarded a prize are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes and fees in their respective jurisdiction of residence or otherwise.
- Entrants must ensure that they are legally eligible to enter the hackathon and receive a prize under any laws applicable to them in their respective jurisdiction of residence or otherwise.
- Entrants must not be in violation of any law, regulation, or third-party rights at the time of entry.
- All information provided to register for the hackathon must be true and accurate and it is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure all information supplied is up to date.
- Entrants warrant and represent:
- that it is their original work;
- that it has not been previously published, sold, or submitted in any other competition, promotion, or contest;
- that it has not won previous awards;
- that it does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- that it was not developed in any substantive form prior to the event, though ideation, research, and material gathering are permitted.
- Entries must not include information or content that is false, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, defamatory, threatening, trade libelous, slanderous, libelous, disparaging, unlawfully harassing, profane, obscene, pornographic, hateful, indecent, inappropriate, or injurious to any individual, Fuel, or any third party.
- Entries must be fully completed and submitted during the Hackathon Period in order to be eligible for judging.
- By entering this hackathon, all Entrants agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions and hereby release Fuel from any and all liability related to the prizes or Entrant’s entry in the hackathon.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Your project must be a public open-source GitHub repository.
- A pitch deck summarizing every feature of your project or a detailed readme file must be submitted.
- A small demo video (max. 5 minutes). Recommended but not required.
- You must submit your work before the deadline.
What are we looking for?
For the overall hackathon, we are looking for applications or developer tools that use the Sway language:
AMM/DEX, Lending, Yield Aggregators, Derivatives, Liquid Staking, etc.
Tools & Analytics
DeFi protocols tools, Charting solutions, Dashboards, Analytics, developer toolkits, etc.
Critical Infrastructure Projects
Multisig, MetaMask compatibility predicate, Eth signed data standard handler, Oracles, etc.
Social Goods and Community Engagement Projects
Other Web3 Applications
Other dapps must be approved by the team. You can open a ticket on our Discord server and submit your project there for approval.
Nick Alexander: Co-Founder of Fuel Labs.
Samuel Borin: Co-Founder of Fuel Labs.
Emily Herbert: Computer Scientist and Sway Language Specialist at Fuel Labs.
Eric Wall: Chief Investment Officer at Arcane Assets.
David Mihal: Blockchain Engineer.
Technological implementation quality: Does the project demonstrate quality Dapp development?
Potential Impact: How big an impact could the project have?
Innovation: Is the project innovative and demonstrates creativity?
Security: Is the protocol secure?
If you don’t want to miss any update of the Fuel Network, simply follow us and activate the notification bell:
Fuel is the fastest execution layer for the modular blockchain stack. Powerful and sleek, the technology enables parallel transaction execution, empowering developers with the highest flexible throughput and maximum security required to scale. Developers choose the FuelVM for its superior developer experience and the ability to go beyond the limitations of the EVM.