Welcome to the first Fuel Engineering Update, our new monthly review on all technical-related things on the Fuel Network. Take a moment to catch up with all the latest developments.
Version 0.5.0 was released
- The forc explorer command was added so one can now start a local block explore that runs against a local node.
- Prefixes are now allowed in any call path.
- Error descriptions are now improved and more detailed.
- A new graph-coloring register allocator was introduced to reduce bytecode size.
What is Sway?
Sway is a domain-specific language (DSL) targeting the Fuel Virtual Machine (FuelVM), a blockchain-optimized VM designed for the Fuel blockchain. It is heavily inspired by Rust and aims to bring modern language development and performance to the blockchain ecosystem.
Follow the official Twitter of the Sway Language to be notified of any news and updates.
Fuel Core Updates
- First implementation of the transaction pool (i.e. mempool).
- Transaction now have byte price and initial storage slot fields.
- A Query.coinsToSpend endpoint has been added to the GraphQL interface.
Fuels TypeScript SDK (fuel-ts) Updates
Version 0.3.0 was released
- Contract factory.
- ABI coder improvements.
- Initial wallet.
Fuels Rust SDK (fuel-rs) Updates
- Transaction signing.
- Sending and transferring funds between wallets.
- ABI coder can now handle returned data larger than a word.
We were happy to introduce Fuel at the ETHDenver event that happened on February 11–20.
In the news
In February, 112 pull requests were merged. For the second month in a row, Fuel Labs has been ranked 4th by GitHub activity for Rust-based blockchain projects, right after Polkadot, Solana, and Zcash.
If you don’t want to miss any update of the Fuel Network, simply follow us and activate the notification's bell:
Fuel Labs is building the fastest modular execution layer in the world. We are a globally distributed group of crypto enthusiasts, computer scientists, hackers, and misfits on a mission to build the autonomous future using the promise of blockchain and decentralized technology.
If you want to join us in this journey, here are our current job openings.